12.01.2015

In The Moment



This week in my positive living class we talked about savoring and experiencing things in the moment.  My professor said that learning to appreciate and acknowledge the present helps to decrease stress and increase self-awareness.  He gave us homework to take two "mini vacations" this week and completely engage ourselves in doing something fun.  I watched Netflix twice this week.


It was nice to have planned time that I knew I could relax.  Part of the assignment was not thinking about anything (homework due, texts waiting, or to-do lists) except for what was happening in the present.  That was really hard to do because I'm constantly planning out my time and thinking about what I need to do next.  But it was really calming to take an hour or so twice this week to focus on the present.  It did take away a lot of stress.

I fully endorse Netflix as a finals week strategy.  If I can plan out my time during the week, effectively schedule when to take my finals, and study more than two days before the test, I know I can take an hour or so to do something fun and relaxing.  

No comments: