10.16.2015

"...and happy people just don't kill their husbands."


There's a great scene in the movie Legally Blonde where the ditsy blonde Elle Woods (who also happens to be a prestigious lawyer) is trying to figure out as part of her prosecution case who killed a man.  Everyone thinks it's the wife, who is a fitness instructor, but Elle knows it's not her that killed her husband.  Her reasoning- "I just don't think that Brooke could've done this. Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't."

I learned this week that endorphins really are important.  Elle Woods was totally right.  Exercising makes the world of a difference.  I've started running a couple of a times a week to get rid of stress and it has worked so well.  I come home feeling overwhelmed and tired but then after running, I have enough energy to do anything!  

So I hope I can keep running.  I always do this, make a goal to start running, and then it slowly begins to be less and less of a priority until I stop doing it.  But I have a strict schedule and really cute shoes, so hopefully it sticks this time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the way a day goes when I start off with a run! I don't know if it is just a feeling of less guilt for lazy mornings or endorphins or the justification of being able to eat more, but I love it. And I don't think I would kill anybody either! Maybe it's related!