11.04.2015

Online Interview

Okay, I had pretty much the same experience with this online interview as I did with the group project online meeting.  It was an interesting, new way to be interviewed, but it was weird.  It was a little hard to hear clearly and also hard to gauge the other person's non-verbal ques.  Another problem I noticed during the interview was the background and what was happening behind me.  I was in my apartment, but the white walls and dresser behind me didn't come across as very professional.

It is convenient in the sense that at any time and anywhere you can be interviewed, something that works very well for unconventional situations.  I would use it on campus in a more professional setting, or when meeting in person was impossible.

Overall, I've learned the most that I appreciate and like the personal connection you make when conversing in-person.  I think that something comes with being face-to-face with someone that you can't get over a computer screen.  That connection would definitely help in an interview.

No comments: